How to calm a goose?

LucyGoosey1

Chirping
Aug 17, 2016
Hello all,

I am relocating and will take my birds (a turkey, goose, and 2 ducks). The only one I'm worried about is the nervous, excitable goose. The vet said that there is no sedative that I can give her that wouldn't require constant supervision by a vet.
So, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to keep her as calm as possible for the 3-day drive?

Thanks in advance.

most animals calm down if they cant see anything that might make them nervous. if you put her by herself in a crate with a towel over it she should calm down instantly. make sure that she can still breath though. try not to make very many loud noises because they will startle her. also avoid bumping the car around too much. make sure to give her a break from the dark crate for a couple min. so she can eat, drink, and have her crate spot cleaned. the same goes for all your birds. hope this helps!

most animals calm down if they cant see anything that might make them nervous. if you put her by herself in a crate with a towel over it she should calm down instantly. make sure that she can still breath though. try not to make very many loud noises because they will startle her. also avoid bumping the car around too much. make sure to give her a break from the dark crate for a couple min. so she can eat, drink, and have her crate spot cleaned. the same goes for all your birds. hope this helps!
👆

Back
Top Bottom