How to Catch a rooster?

5D0386E1-6F1E-4A92-B1DA-8B719F092C71.jpeg

:welcome :frow He is a very nice looking bird. I usually collect my birds when I want to catch them when they go to roost. I do have a net like this that has a quite long handle. I got it at Walmart several years ago. One thing I like about it is that it is deep so the birds can't jump out once I catch them with the net if I need to. Good luck...
ChickenNet.jpg

It's dark here, but when I turn the outside light on and get near him, he wakes up and runs away. Might get net tomorrow if the raccoons don't eat him tonight.
After you turn on the light to find him, turn it off then put on a head lamp so your hands are free then go get him.

:welcome :frow He is a very nice looking bird. I usually collect my birds when I want to catch them when they go to roost. I do have a net like this that has a quite long handle. I got it at Walmart several years ago. One thing I like about it is that it is deep so the birds can't jump out once I catch them with the net if I need to. Good luck...
View attachment 1960487
But, be really careful. Their feet and heads can get stuck in the netting. I finally ordered a chicken net that is a finer netting material, but too much money for one catch. You can do it with any net, but be extra careful when picking him up and getting him out of it. And remember, he'll be scared. Good luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom