How to clean a cracked egg in the nesting box

I keep a piece of vinyl fit tight in the bottom of nests,
then I can lift the whole mess out straw bedding and all.
I have an extra piece of vinyl so I can refill nest right away.
Out with the dirty, in with the clean!

If it leaks past the vinyl I use a wet rag to clean out all the egg mess because I hate the smell of aged raw egg.

Free and easy nest liner (with added bonus of providing extra padding) - fold empty feed bags to fit snugly in the bottom of the nest box, then top with nesting material of your choice.

The few times I've had broken eggs, I simply picked up the feed bag and carried it off to compost or trash, then replaced with a new bag and nest material. Never had issue with egg material leaking into the box and cleanup and replacement takes mere minutes.

Free and easy nest liner (with added bonus of providing extra padding) - fold empty feed bags to fit snugly in the bottom of the nest box, then top with nesting material of your choice.

The few times I've had broken eggs, I simply picked up the feed bag and carried it off to compost or trash, then replaced with a new bag and nest material. Never had issue with egg material leaking into the box and cleanup and replacement takes mere minutes.
Thank you! That is very helpful, but where do you get the nest liners?

Back
Top Bottom