1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

how to clean cabnet incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by matthew1985, Jan 25, 2010.

1. matthew1985

matthew1985 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2009
    dover,delaware
    i have a sports man incubator i am gettin blood rings 2 out of 12 eggs so i need to make sure my incubator is clean and not killing my eggs ......i wased it down with water is all and it is only a year old it dont seem dirty but just tell me how yall clean ur incubators please

2. Brody's Broodello

Brody's Broodello Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2009
    Maryland
    You can use Oxine on it too

3. rarebreedeggs4u

rarebreedeggs4u Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2009
    Morrow, AR
    I don't know if this is the "correct" way, but I wipe mine out with a damp paper towel and the spray all over inside with a mild bleach solution and leave it open to air. I also soak all of my trays in the tub about 1/2 full with a few cups (over kill I know) of bleach and rinse VERY well. Spray solution is about 1 q. water to about 1/2 TB of bleach. If I had little pieces of egg shell WAY in the back I couldn't get out by wiping, I've stuck my vacuum hose down there to suck them out, then wiped & sprayed. Make sure to wash & disinfect your humidity tray and humidity sponges too.

4. matthew1985

matthew1985 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2009
    dover,delaware
    thank you!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by