How to clean rooster comb

Combs like that can get yucky stuff in the folds, nooks and crannies. Since the material is quite deep in the crevices, you could try putting 1 drop of Peroxide in the crevice to help bubble the material loose, then take a blunt orange stick (cuticle stick) or pimple/blackhead spoon and pull the material out.

He's got a great rooster stare! I love it:)
He does have a lovely stare, doesn’t he… it’s all feathers… he’s really a sweetheart♥️. Thanks for the tips ! I will try that!

☝️ This one is even better than mine! Brilliant idea💡
Yeah I thought she was crazy at first but it really worked.
I've had one for 5 years and ended up using it on my new born puppies that came out breech. It's great for clearing their nostrils instead of a syringe which can hurt them. Mine stays in the first aid box now

Water and qtips is a safe method. I have a roo with a very wrinkly face and sometimes give him a bit of a clean. I just use a small plastic pippette to wet the area (assuming it's not right near his nose!), let it soak, and then pipette again to wash the debris out. If it's just dirt and dead skin, it should just need some water to loosen it and a bit more to dislodge. Hardest place I've had to clean on that roo of mine is his eye folds - he's got crazy brow ridges or whatever those are called on roosters, so he sometimes gets little bits of crud stuck up in there between the brow and eyelid when he dust bathes. I just have to use a wet, twizzled up end of paper towl or tissue for that since I don't want to dribble water into his eye.

Back
Top Bottom