How to commit Nuggicide Clarification: Suicide by Nugget

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by WriterofWords, May 8, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Ok, Doodle Doo has gotten out of hand, Nugget was walking by the fence and Doodle challenged him!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Is he just stupid?

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Uh, yeah! Dumb Doodle! Geez, Kate, Nugget is a tall drink of water, isn't he?? Go, Nuggers! He looks none the worse for wear after his intruder ordeal.

3. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    You can actually see the broken spur in the picture on his right leg, it's a stump

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I think he's one tough guy. I had to cut Suede's spurs that short on purpose. I didn't have any burglar to throw at him, LOL.

5. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Nugget is a pacifist, that is the first time I've ever seen his hackles up like that!

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    HOLY COW!!! I nearly had a heart attack! By Nuggicide, I thought you meant killing Nugget, and my heart went to visit my toes!!!!

Whew.......

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Glad he only lost a spur.

Good thing there was a fence there.

8. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Holy cow! I knew Nugget was big but.. WOW!!!! He's a giant! [​IMG] Good thing that fence was there! Or else it might be Jurassic Park all over again!

[​IMG]

I'm sure his ladies feel safe though [​IMG]

9. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Quote:No, I could never do that to him, which is one reason this weekend a whole lotta roos are going bye bye. I love my boys, but when they start challenging Nugget, they really need a new home. Poor Popcorn is being tormented by Doodle, but he won't fight back, Doodle got cocky, I'm glad there was fence there. I'd rather rehome than bury.

10. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Poor popcorn is a wussy. And Doodle Do... has got to be just plain nuts to challenge Nugget. I'm a lot bigger than (ok, a LITTLE bigger than) Nugget, and *I* wouldn't challenge him. I guess Doodle Do didn't see Nugget totally kick that intruders butt.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by