How to create the " light " Pied ?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Dany12, Feb 27, 2014.

1. bemba

bemba Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Mary Valley QLD.
    There is something really special about a loud pied! I've always had an obsession with this mutation! Below are 2 of my boys, the first male has incredible white on his front, but lacking white elsewhere, the other male has great amount of white in his train but too much colour on his front, so hoping to breed the perfect combo some day.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bemba

bemba Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Mary Valley QLD.
    Wow that is very unique! So he grows the one white feather every season?

3. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    All I can say is two years in a row he grew that same white feather in the center, but after he shed his four year old train one night a raccoon killed him. He was my favorite bird and that was the first predator issue I ever had. My new favorite bird is Peep, who happens to be this bird's son.

4. birdeo

birdeo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2013
    those are some gorgeous birds, I just saw the male ( 2nd photo from the top ) on ebay....is that George selling on there ?
    Hope I'm leaving this link allright...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-White-Ind...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

5. new 2 pfowl

new 2 pfowl Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2012
    Makara, Wellington, NZ
    George! It looks like someone stole your photo to sell eggs?
    Perhaps you should watermark your photos so people can't use them?

6. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    [​IMG]

7. q8peafowl

q8peafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2014
    Kuwait
    My friend peacock really looks like this guy!
    have a look:
    [​IMG]

8. connerhills

connerhills Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2009
    O K .. actually I sold that bird to the lady in Fla. . She wanted him to breed from with her silver pied. No problem here.. If you look at him for a while and not just look at the colors, note the stand of his legs and how they are wide apart and his confirmation is good to make a good breeder. He did produce some very nice Pied Spalding's with a fair amount of green color showing up as he was not from a high percentage green bird to start with. connerhills

1 person likes this.
  9. birdeo

birdeo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2013
    that's good to know she did not borrow your photos and he is a gorgeous bird.
    I never realized the width between the legs was a sign of how good of a breeder a male would be, thanks for the info.

10. connerhills

connerhills Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2009
    He always was a good breeder.. The confirmation of him is my idea and there will be people question that I guess. It is like other things that are raised be it, cattle, horses, dogs ,sheep. The stance it has, the balance, proportions being equal , temperament . I thank all of peafowl people for their awareness of the photos being used. I guess when she bought the bird the photo went with it, so it is OK by me. connerhills[​IMG] What's going on down there ?

[​IMG] Bronze male , produces W E chicks in with split S P and Bronze hens

[​IMG] Violete females \

[​IMG] Violete male 2 yr old B S Pied and B S Violete female

[​IMG]

[​IMG]Same as above

[​IMG] Blue out looking for something to eat

[​IMG]Flowers in the bottom Thanks Connerhills

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by