How to disc a garden when your tractor isn't running

mississippifarmboy

collects slightly damaged strays
12 Years
Oct 22, 2008
Glen, Mississippi. 40+ chicken years
step 1) Catch wife taking a nap & steal her 4wd Durango (Ok, maybe "Borrow").
step 2) Break out that old JD pull disc that's been sitting out in the weeds near the plum bushes for at least 20 years.
step 3) Go find that tow cable your wife wanted to throw away but you just knew you'd need someday.
step 4) Make sure none of the neighbors are watching.

17452_img_0131.jpg

17452_img_0130.jpg

Ok, what really happened was I had been working on that darned tractor all morning and got mad and decided I was going to disc that garden if it killed me. I needed to get the turnips & mustard planted, I live in the south for goodness sake, you HAVE to have greens. My wife and kids were crying with laughter and my wife thought it would be cute to take pictures. (They are all evil little buggers) Now she's bribeing me by telling me she's gonna post the pics online. So I'm just beating her to the punch.

BUT... I got the greens planted.

Please come and break the ground on my new garden spot! We already got the sod cut and moved but turning it all by shovel is killing my feet and back! And I dont want to ruin the new tiller! Also hit the old garden spot on your way out...its next years Pumpkin and squash/ zuchinni spot! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom