1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How to feed Fermented Feed?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Bleenie, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I have decided to start doing the Fermented Feed thing. I bought the stuff and mixed up my first bucket tonight. So it's all mixed up and doing it's thing in the bucket for the next couple of days... What I need to know is how do I go about feeding it to the birds? Do I feed it once a day or twice? if i put it out in the morning will it be okay all day until it's gone?

I'm excited to start this new feeding program. Thanks for all the help BYC'ers!

2. DURR

DURR Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2012
    Screven, GA, US
    I usually feed mine FF first thing in the morning and they eat on it through out the day. On colder days I feed them FF twice a day once in the morning and once in the evening before they roost since they tend to eat more to keep themselves warmer. But that's just me :)

3. clankeyes

clankeyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2012
    Ferndale , WA
    There is a thread called " Fermented Feed.... is anyone using them " I think it will give you a lot of GREAT information.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by