How to get a Sick Chick to gain weight?

Chick starter is often a good choice. It's meant to be very nutritious for baby chicks.
Gamebird starter or turkey starter would have even higher levels of nutrition.

Either one can be offered dry.
Or you can get some wet with water in a dish, because chickens often like it better that way.

I have no experience with syringe feeding, so I do not know what is suitable for that.

Leghorns tend to be quite small and lightweight--how are you judging "underweight"? Are you comparing with other leghorns, or with birds of other breeds? I agree that lethargic is a problem, no matter what the weight :)

Chick starter is often a good choice. It's meant to be very nutritious for baby chicks.
Gamebird starter or turkey starter would have even higher levels of nutrition.

Either one can be offered dry.
Or you can get some wet with water in a dish, because chickens often like it better that way.

I have no experience with syringe feeding, so I do not know what is suitable for that.

Leghorns tend to be quite small and lightweight--how are you judging "underweight"? Are you comparing with other leghorns, or with birds of other breeds? I agree that lethargic is a problem, no matter what the weight :)
They’re showing the want to eat now which is good but they just won’t and I have no idea why, I compared their weight with the other leghorns I got with her and I can feel her spine, hips, leg bones, and her breast bone is very prominent. They only time I’ve ever had a chicken so underweight was when my 2 year old leghorn had cancer.

Back
Top Bottom