How to get an 80yr old niehgbors Roo off my property.

Wunjo

Songster
8 Years
Oct 13, 2013
Monticello, Ky
We have an 80 yr old neighbor that recently got 2 roo's from her cousin. So the first 2 weeks they hung around her place, then they moved up to another neighbor's place for about a week. Now the banty roo's have discovered that our place is where the ladies are. They get all of our chickens all worked up. The hen's get upset and the roosters of ours get to crowing. I fear that they may not be good here.

How do I tell an 80 yr old woman, that her roo's are upsetting our chickens. She has no pen for them, and I think the only thing she feed's them is some scraps when she has it. Sooooo the roo's stay here all day until roost time and then they head to the other ladies house not their original home.

Or do we try to get rid of them ourselves. They are bantam roo's and we don't want bantams. The second day she had them she came up here looking for them. We told her we hadn't seen them... at that time we hadn't.

Is it a danger to our flock with them coming here?

I would suggest that you tell her the same way you would tell a neighbor of any age. Tell her that her roos are upsetting your chickens and see if the two of you can work out some kind of solution.

I'd bring it up nicely next time I saw her, and if that didn't work a couple roosters would mysteriously disappear. You don't need the hassle.

Yes they can see into the coops. One has roo's only. One has meat chickens/cornish game hens only and one has my layers and a few roo's.

I thought about the mysteriously disappearing thing. She is always coming up and asking if we have seen her cat or some animal she gets and doesn't feed then it takes off. We would never kill a cat btw. We even gave her a kitten and she ran over the poor little thing.

If you can catch the roosters, box them up and take them to her. Tell her you found her birds and brought them back so she could keep them home. Ask if she needs help building a coop. If she continues to not confine them, well, free range birds disappear all the time.

haha, you guys are all so evil with your rooster "disappearing" act .lol.

If your going to tell her to keep her roosters locked up and she doesn't, wait a while before you make them "disappear" otherwise you might have more troubles with her accusing her etc.

I don't see it as evil at all. Any animal on my property I don't own is quite likely to disappear, wild animal or domestic animal. That's what fences are for.

Back
Top Bottom