How to get earring studs out.

I got your sarcasm. My husband is a smart donkey, too.
tongue.png

Not sure why you think people that pierce are young.
idunno.gif

A quick note on this, it is not at all uncommon for people to have a small bit of skin grow over the back of a new piercing. A hard pull will often free it too, but it does hurt and you remain at risk for infection.

Hydrogen peroxide the daylights out of the area for a few days!

OUCH! That'd hurt like heck! hehe My piercer recommended epsom salt x water, but that was for a somewhat sensitively placed piercing so not sure if that's the reason or not.

Last edited:
Seismic wonder, you don't have to be a professional to pierce ears. The lobe and cartilage doesn't have any major veins running through them. Now, I would never pierce anything else, example: eyebrow, belly button, lip, tongue... etc.

I don't believe in certain piercings, tongue etc. For all the people that consider having their tongue done, please, do it professionally, there is a major vein in your tongue, and if you hit it you're done.

There are certain piercings that don't require professional skill... ears and nose.

The kits at walmart are just as safe and clean as a professionals equipment. Now, when doing it yourself, you can clean them if that would make you feel safer, but the little disinfecting swab included in the kit is exactly what the professionals use to swab your ears with before piercing.

i went to cosmetology school and we were taught about piercing and sanitation. Honestly I dont think it was even a whole day.....a monkey could do it. But the key is the make sure everything is clean, rotate them daily. Now that you have them out, keep neosporin on them and if you want to keep the holes but them back in at least one day a week till they are healed. If they get infected just let them grow shut.

Heck, my uncle pierced my cousins ears years ago with a potato, an ice cube and a needle.

Quote:
i have to chime in on nose piercing here. Anytime you are piercing thru cartlidge you need a different kind of piercer, it actually punches a hole out (think donut) rather than just poking thru (think sewing). If you dont do it right you could have continual problems.

I have WHAT in my yard? :

A quick note on this, it is not at all uncommon for people to have a small bit of skin grow over the back of a new piercing. A hard pull will often free it too, but it does hurt and you remain at risk for infection.

Hydrogen peroxide the daylights out of the area for a few days!

NO PEROXIDE!!! It kills the good and the bad. Flush with saline water 2 times a day and apply neosporin.​

Quote:
i have to chime in on nose piercing here. Anytime you are piercing thru cartlidge you need a different kind of piercer, it actually punches a hole out (think donut) rather than just poking thru (think sewing). If you dont do it right you could have continual problems.

Yes yes, I understand that the nose has to be done with a needle. The ear punch cannot quite do the thickness of a nose and I heard for best healing results with cartilage to use a needle.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom