How to get labor started

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by kris41, Sep 4, 2009.

1. kris41

kris41 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2008
    Maine
    OK, so here's the deal. I was due on Aug 28 with DD #3. Unfortuntely, this one really has a mind of her own. Any tips on how to get labor started? I feel like I have tried it all. Castor oil, eggplant, chinese food, mexican food, walking, they even tried to induce me yesterday. No luck. I was on pitocin from 8am to 5pm and never got past the 2cm that I was when I went in.

Like I said, I feel like she will never come out. At this point, I am pretty much willing to try anything that will help. Thanks.

Kristie

2. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    Walking and sex. [​IMG] Be patient.....the little one will come out when she feels like it [​IMG]

Congrats!!!! Praying for a happy/healthy baby!!!!

Make sure you post some pics of her [​IMG]

3. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    Both of my babies were late, all three of my moms wee 2 weeks late exactly, and my aunts kids were all 10-15 days late. I think maybe some women are just slower "cookers" than others. Its okay though, think of all the women whos babies are born early, and they have to leave their babies in the hospitable because they are too small to come home? It turns out okay, but I think that would be heartbreaking!
    You''ll go into labor the day you give up and stop showering and brushing your teeth!

4. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    curry chicken, walking, and sex. Not necessarily in that order.

You could also try starting a project you have been meaning to do...then you'll get that "I just washed my car and it is raining" effect.

Congrats!

5. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

raspberry leaf tea and oregon grape root

6. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    My first some was a week early and my due date for my second son is this coming Wednesday. I feel like Im never going to pop. I can't imagine how you feel!!! [​IMG]

I've heard riding on a bumby road. ...definitely exercise ...light exercise.. anything that hurts, stop!! [​IMG] I have one of those medicine balls used for crunches and that got baby #1 coming right along. I straddled it and kind of hopped up and down. I was just starting contractions when I started with the ball and after an hour or so, they started coming on hard. I made it to the hospital at 8 cm.!!! and had a baby in 45 min. Be careful with that thing!

I haven't even had any braxton hicks.. just sharp pains in my cervix which the doc says is thinning. Im going to go along for the ride til my due date then start doing a few of these things.

Good Luck to you and your family.

7. Crusty McPottydoodle

Crusty McPottydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    Bathe the dog. Unfortunately, this caused premature labour for me with the twins (they still needed another 7 weeks baking) and resulted in a 10 day hospital stay

Play a 2 hour trio rehearsal on the oboe! Fortunately, my water waited until I was fast asleep in my bed to break.

That's all I've got.

8. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Okay Now! Step back from the bator.........[​IMG]

oops sorry you are the bator [​IMG] I've been spending to much time in the hatching section.

Good Luck with the little one and congrats

9. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    They come when they want to! Can't rush these things but maybe scrubbing the floor might help or make meat balls, that did me in.

10. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    I am teling you...start a project that cannot be stopped once started.

Make a bunch of cheddar cheese.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by