How to get labor started

kris41

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
Maine
OK, so here's the deal. I was due on Aug 28 with DD #3. Unfortuntely, this one really has a mind of her own. Any tips on how to get labor started? I feel like I have tried it all. Castor oil, eggplant, chinese food, mexican food, walking, they even tried to induce me yesterday. No luck. I was on pitocin from 8am to 5pm and never got past the 2cm that I was when I went in.

Like I said, I feel like she will never come out. At this point, I am pretty much willing to try anything that will help. Thanks.

Kristie

Walking and sex.
smile.png
Be patient.....the little one will come out when she feels like it
lol.png

Congrats!!!! Praying for a happy/healthy baby!!!!

Make sure you post some pics of her
wink.png

Both of my babies were late, all three of my moms wee 2 weeks late exactly, and my aunts kids were all 10-15 days late. I think maybe some women are just slower "cookers" than others. Its okay though, think of all the women whos babies are born early, and they have to leave their babies in the hospitable because they are too small to come home? It turns out okay, but I think that would be heartbreaking!
You''ll go into labor the day you give up and stop showering and brushing your teeth!

curry chicken, walking, and sex. Not necessarily in that order.

You could also try starting a project you have been meaning to do...then you'll get that "I just washed my car and it is raining" effect.

Congrats!

My first some was a week early and my due date for my second son is this coming Wednesday. I feel like Im never going to pop. I can't imagine how you feel!!!
barnie.gif

I've heard riding on a bumby road. ...definitely exercise ...light exercise.. anything that hurts, stop!!
smile.png
I have one of those medicine balls used for crunches and that got baby #1 coming right along. I straddled it and kind of hopped up and down. I was just starting contractions when I started with the ball and after an hour or so, they started coming on hard. I made it to the hospital at 8 cm.!!! and had a baby in 45 min. Be careful with that thing!

I haven't even had any braxton hicks.. just sharp pains in my cervix which the doc says is thinning. Im going to go along for the ride til my due date then start doing a few of these things.

Good Luck to you and your family.

Bathe the dog. Unfortunately, this caused premature labour for me with the twins (they still needed another 7 weeks baking) and resulted in a 10 day hospital stay

Play a 2 hour trio rehearsal on the oboe! Fortunately, my water waited until I was fast asleep in my bed to break.

That's all I've got.

Okay Now! Step back from the bator.........
big_smile.png

oops sorry you are the bator
roll.png
I've been spending to much time in the hatching section.

Good Luck with the little one and congrats

I am teling you...start a project that cannot be stopped once started.

Make a bunch of cheddar cheese.

Back
Top Bottom