How to get off to a good start in your new neigbborhood (rant)

Quote:
Actually we NORMALLY don't let the dogs out before DH gets home, which is around 7.30 and most people are awake getting their kids ready for school by then. BUT since they we were all rudely woke up before 6, I let them out then.
I actually have a no-bark e-collar for one of my dogs because he thinks every slightly-louder-than-average car is worth barking about, but I didn't put it on him before I let him out this morning.
I USUALLY do my part to "play nice"

It's also about 95 degrees in the afternoons.....there are perfecly reasonable reasons to be mowing the lawn or running your power equpment as early as is reasonabe --- I just might be more motivated to get off my duff and DO it when I'm annoyed at said neighbor. I happen to think that there are far worse things to listen to than a few rooster crows.....

I also always do my part to play nice... My neighbors and i get along great! We have street parties and cook outs and bonfires during the summer... we even have christmas parties sometimes too..
I know i can call them at any time day or night if i need help.. and they know the same about us. (and this goes for ALL 5 houses on my road...)
If i want to leave for a weekend, i can ask them to watch and feed my animals for me... because i do it for them...
If i didnt get along with them all.. would that happen?

My one (ex) neighbor pushed me... and i pushed back because i was in the right.. i wasnt going to be bullied at my own home.
Maybe you guys allow yourselves to be bullied at your own home... thats YOUR choice...Whatever floats your boats...
smile.png

Last edited:
As of Friday I have new neighbors. I read this thread and now I'm having a nervous breakdown.

I like Dar's suggestion of keeping things legal and not worrying about the noise...during legal times.Most people are just afriad to confront. I have done it,and instead of being better the neighbor was worse after I talked to them.

I have a home across the street I dubbed the *frat* house. Cars all over,beer,volleyball net,and music that shakes my windows.I am annoyed,but figure if the actual neighbors can tolerate it then I will too.I try to wait till 9am to make yard noise and all that. It is to bad that you are not told who complains.I really prefer to know not to retaliate,but just to know.Maybe tweak my behavior to settle them down IF they are in the right.

That is sad about the pig farmer. I have a few elders around me,and farm life for them was the norm growing up.Crowing shouldn't be an issue.Now the younger neighbors that have to work might get frazzled.I am getting 6 chicks from dd's school,and I may have 6 roosters.We are in the city.Guess I better look up my own laws!

Quote:
And then..........they buy a half dozen dogs for the "kids" and within a couple months, a dogpack is roaming the countryside and chasing wildlife, killing chickens, etc. Then complain to a neighbor about his harvesting trees on his property as being against the "natural order of things"
These neighbors only lasted about 5 years before their stupidly caused them to go bust and they moved. (I had to SSS a number of times during those years)

If you are going to send some to freezer camp anyhow, do it in the front yard when they are outside... and cry loudly the whole time. 'Oh, my poor roo! I loved you so much! If only you didn't crow!'

Back
Top Bottom