My husband suggested I start throwing the chicken feed on the ground instead of leaving it in a dish. Well, I did that for about a week and now there's a grayish mold growing all over the ground where I've been throwing the food. I tried raking up the soil but the mold came back. Their fenced area doesn't get a lot of sun, it's under some trees next to our shed. We placed it there so the chickens would have shade and be cooler. But now I'm thinking it may not be very healthy for the chickens. Anyway, how do I get rid of this mold and is it harmful to the chickens?