how to get rid of Mosquitos???

For flies you can try hanging a plastic bag filled with water and a penny. Amazingly, it works. Also a 2 liter (clear) bottle filled with water.

I grow catnip. If I`m going to be outside I Just grab some and rub it on me. Some times I just carry a branch with me. It works don`t laugh. Draw back though I`ve come home to find strange cats all stoned in my catnip patch a few times

Take a Vitamin B1 supplement or rub it on you and they'll leave you alone. Also, real vanilla extract, cloves and lemon in a spray bottle (diluted w/ water, no real recipe) works as a great deterrent either on you or on the coop. I put the cloves in water and steep them in the microwave, either whole or crushed, and then strain it through a coffee filter so it doesn't clog the spray bottle. Smells great!

I use the Lemon Eucalyptus bug repellent Repel makes, too- it's fabulous.

Quote:
Ummmm..... No they don't!
he.gif
:he

glad i havent goten them yet , i was going to pick some up this weekend
roll.png

Quote:
I have these. The County Mosquito Vector Unit "planted" about 10-15 of them into my original 35 gallon pond upon my request, back in 2009. They have multiplied and I've been able to stock my two goldfish ponds, a couple of large bird-baths, and even the duck pool (a 300 gallon stock tank). I know I have hundreds of 'em now.

However, all the ditches and canals and other water sources around and about the neighborhood apparently DO NOT stock mosquito fish. I'm a mosquito magnet, and these "foreign" 'squitos have been trespassing on MY property to bite me.

I second the Mosquito Dunks. Go them a couple weeks ago and seem to be helpful in our pond. It uses bacteria that's safe for fish and harmful for mosquito larvae. You should see my legs, they've never been sexy but certainly not sexy now with all the tell-tale bite marks.
lol.png

I put the girls out in their new home last week and my adoration for them increased (how that's possible I'm not sure) when I saw them plucking them out of midair. <3

Quote:
Exactly precisely.

When one has a severe mosquito problem, it's generally not because of mosquitos bred on one's OWN property, it's because they are wandering over from a bazillion OTHER breeding places that there is nothing you can really do anything about.

Obviously you still want to do what you can to keep them from breeding on your property but that won't solve a sincere mosquito problem, may not even make a noticeable dent in it.

JME having lived in a lot of pretty mosquito-ey areas, including where I am right now,

Pat

I went to a party the otherday and this woman had a spray bottle filled with Listerin. She said it works great, just spray it on and the mosquitos don`t bother you. You smell mediciny but I guess it is better than getting eaten

We had three bat boxes installed around the house and coop area this spring, but it can sometimes take a year or more for the bats to move in. We have three acres of pretty dense forest/jungle (it IS Florida after all!) and I was desperate to try anything to get rid of the little monsters who attack us the minute we walk out of the house; supposedly bats will eat a TON of the little buggers daily. Here's hoping!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom