How to get Taller wire fence?

Two rolls of short fences cheaper than the single 8' fencing, for sure, because I have to pay freight to get 8' fencing delivered. Also the 8' fence roll weighs 250 lbs, so I don't know how I would install that even if I had someone to help :eek:
But if there are major problems with stacking two short fences, like if coyotes can squeeze in where they overlap, or if it is not durable that way, then maybe I will go with another option :confused:
I'm sure you could hog ring the two fences together at seem to keep things from squeezing in between the two. Hog rings are cheap and easy to use.

Two rolls of short fences cheaper than the single 8' fencing, for sure, because I have to pay freight to get 8' fencing delivered. Also the 8' fence roll weighs 250 lbs, so I don't know how I would install that even if I had someone to help :eek:
But if there are major problems with stacking two short fences, like if coyotes can squeeze in where they overlap, or if it is not durable that way, then maybe I will go with another option :confused:
If you're looking at price and ease of installation. You might want to look at 6' welded wire fencing not as heavy duty as woven wire but about $100 bucks cheaper per role lighter and easier to install and still heavier gauge than the rabbit fencing your looking at.

If you're looking at price and ease of installation. You might want to look at 6' welded wire fencing not as heavy duty as woven wire but about $100 bucks cheaper per role lighter and easier to install and still heavier gauge than the rabbit fencing your looking at.
One of my neighbors had a bad experience with welded wire, where a dog chewed apart the welds and killed every chicken in the run. so for the bottom part at least I want woven wire.
Is fencing just for poultry?
Yes mostly turkeys, and chickens

I already have electric fence but it has to be turned off part of the summer, which is ALWAYS when I have coyote attacks. The ground is rocks and clay, so pretty much impossible to dig unless they go at it for hours and hours (everyone is locked up at night).
Oh, yeah, sorry.... forgot about the fire restrictions.

I haven't tried that particular brand of rabbit fence, but I have used the stuff from Tractor Supply and it was absolutely horrible (this stuff, I think: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/garden-zone-36-in-h-x-50-ft-w-rabbit-guard?cm_vc=-10005 ). The welds were extremely weak and the wire bent so easily the animals just pushed it in. The more expensive Red Brand welded wire from Tractor Supply has been good, though. Just thought I'd share my experience. :)

There is an 8 ft welded wire deer fence that you can get from a fencing supply, but it is very expensive and many types of predators can climb it. I have sheep and chickens. We have lots of possums, coyotes and an occasional bobcat. Our tallest fence is not even 6 ft. We have a hotwire across the top of the perimeter fence around 5 acres. The chickens are enclosed in electric poultry netting. We use other electrified fencing to section off pastures for the sheep. The electric netting has been the best investment for predator deterrence for us.

I want to surround my yard with woven wire fence (the heavy stuff) but I can only find it in 48" height (4 feet tall) at Tractor Supply. We're supposed to have at least 7 to 8 feet fence to keep coyotes out. Where do people get taller fences? Can I double up and put one fence on top of another attached to t-posts? The fence roll is reallllly heavy so I have no idea how I would even do that, lol. I'm trying to fence at least an acre.
We put 3 rows of barbed wire over the 5' fence and have had no further issues with coyotes. If you can get 8' posts, use the 5' fence and attach the barbed wire above that you should be good.

Back
Top Bottom