How to get Taller wire fence?

Two rolls of short fences cheaper than the single 8' fencing, for sure, because I have to pay freight to get 8' fencing delivered. Also the 8' fence roll weighs 250 lbs, so I don't know how I would install that even if I had someone to help :eek:
But if there are major problems with stacking two short fences, like if coyotes can squeeze in where they overlap, or if it is not durable that way, then maybe I will go with another option :confused:
We used the 6’ high chain link panels to create a chicken yard. They worked great, were relatively easy to install and weren’t too expensive. And I even found a couple on craigs list cheap! We are talking about roofing it though as the raccoons can climb over anything regarding of height. Never had a coyote get in

We put 3 rows of barbed wire over the 5' fence and have had no further issues with coyotes. If you can get 8' posts, use the 5' fence and attach the barbed wire above that you should be good.
That is exactly what my neighbors did. I wasn't sure if it would be good enough but it is helpful to know that it worked for you.

I want to surround my yard with woven wire fence (the heavy stuff) but I can only find it in 48" height (4 feet tall) at Tractor Supply. We're supposed to have at least 7 to 8 feet fence to keep coyotes out. Where do people get taller fences? Can I double up and put one fence on top of another attached to t-posts?
I did 5' chicken wire on top of 4' welded wire. The chicken wire is mostly to keep chickens in, but it also would prevent an animal from jumping it over and I think coyote would not able to tier something at 4' height. Additionally there are 3 runs of wire attached to a charger near the bottom, middle, and top of the fence to prevent climbing.

I want to surround my yard with woven wire fence (the heavy stuff) but I can only find it in 48" height (4 feet tall) at Tractor Supply. We're supposed to have at least 7 to 8 feet fence to keep coyotes out. Where do people get taller fences? Can I double up and put one fence on top of another attached to t-posts? The fence roll is reallllly heavy so I have no idea how I would even do that, lol. I'm trying to fence at least an acre.
I dont' know if I have been lucky or what, but I have a very active pack of coyotes on my 20 acres and have never had one of them clumb my wood and livestock fence, which is only 5 feet. Maybe my pack is not too smart, they will dig under , but not over. I have lived here for 20 years and have never had one inside my 3 acres which is triple fenced.
Interesting that so many people hve had them climb over.

Interested in how this turns out. We put up a 6' chain link run but I'm not sure that's going to be enough for the coyotes. We also plan to have a pasture fenced area we the 4' write 3 fence. Looking into a hot wire to put around it to keep the coyotes away.
What about Hawks? We’ve experienced several near misses, so we had to put netting overtop.

What about Hawks? We’ve experienced several near misses, so we had to put netting overtop.
So far the hawks haven't been interested in the chickens though it's likely b/c they are so close to the house and we are constantly in and out with dogs.

For the run I'm not too concerned as the coop is in the middle and the hawk would have to dive, catch, and go up in a narrow area. The pasture I'm more concerned about as it will be open air space. So we shall see. Hoping to get some roosters in our SR lot this spring for alert at least.

I use Premier 1 solar powered electric netting. Haven’t had ANY varmints getting in since I put it up. It’s only about 4’ high but for some reason the coyotes won’t go near it. No coyotes at all where before they would try to take my girls. The only thing I have to watch for is hawks. But so far so good. My Aussie watches for them and actually chases them off when he spots them.

Back
Top Bottom