How to grown your quail?

quailraisingMan

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 16, 2009
mines started to look like a mess.
also they dont look like button compare to some pictures you guys have. let me post a picture soon

feathers all messy

also if anyone know how to keep them from running away, what method would you use? they dont come to me when i call them, and they seem so afraid

*note* i dont touch them, i only use a glove to feed and give them water.
there pretty old in a sense, not sure the weeks since hatching, but fully feather.
They dont need me to grind food for them now, they can peak it at there own free will.

:x can you put a lease on a quail?

I have my button quail in our living room. One side of their cage is clear plexiglass so we can enjoy them more. If they want anything they will pace back and forth looking at us....
smile.png

I am still keeping a light in one corner of their cage. They do sometimes lay under it and at other times in the far corner.
Mine have no problem with me reachig in their cage but do not run up to my hand unless it is putting in a newly filled feeder...
smile.png

23920_buttonsa.jpg

can i c how your cage is like? i use a 120? gallon fish tank fitted with light, and another medium size box with 2 heating light.
i got a bird cage, but iono how do you set it up.

the bird itself ( i got only 2) seems to respond to each other with no problem since when 1 call they other will answer.
but they dont come to me, and only way is to get them close enough to cap them with a plastic container, and scoop them up before they fly away. i only do this when im cleaning the poop and removing all dirty material such as old food and poop in water.

how you quail develop such feathers? mines is a bit rough, look like they been thru hell...and they havent grown any of those pattern like your quail does

My buttons do NOT like to be touched .. They wont go crazy when i feed them anymore but they will any time i try to take anything out of their cage.. Its my understanding they are more of a looking pet not holding pet.

?

Last edited:
well..they dont look like there groom since there feathers are all messy
there not going bald, they dont drop feathers
they dont look anything like the one most people posted up for pictures.
they look like they been out in the wild.

they are however, drinkin and eating fine. they can now each the chick starter in 1 peck compare back when i need to grind it up

to sum it up, they dont look like most button quail posted online, and that they doesnt look friendly and safe to touch ( i dont mean dirty, its like their feather got spikes or something* they dont have spike feathers, just the pattern*)

Last edited:
That is sooo strange .. I wish you could get pics... I just cant picture that in my head... Maybe ask ShellyD she is really knowledgable...

i will get picture tm, its really late, and the birds just gone off to sleep after i just pour food.

:\\ they dont look as neat as those whom are fully grown. i think mine are, but yet the feathers and the way they look they dont look anything like button quails.

i think i have 1 female and 1 male, since the male is suppose to have a white bib, if im correct. but picture will be shown tm

Back
Top Bottom