how to hatch a chick from a cup link inside

Since the incubator/eggs need daily care & monitoring (watching temp/humidity, turning eggs several times a day if you don't have an automatic egg turner, watching hatch, etc.), you will probably want it at your house.

Can your Scouts do a couple "field trips" for candling, or even to come over when eggs start to hatch (can be a lengthy process, though, so may take some "coordinating" with the parents!!)? you could probably manage to make this something that both your son AND your Scouts can experience...

there was a thread about this a while back. Someone did do it in college, think they also worked in a lab. They said all the embryos died from bacteria at some point. I don't think the average person has the required equipment to carry out this type of experiment successfully. There is a reason eggs have shells, it's the perfect environment for a chick
wink.png

The video I saw they put the egg in a cup that had stretched cling wrap draped down in it. The fertilized egg was put in the cup/ cling wrap and more cling wrap with tiny holes is put over the top.
The chick hatched. Not sure of the hatch rate though.
I'd love to try it at home.

Back
Top Bottom