How to heat mealworm farm?

I've never heated or monitored the humidity on my mealies, I've been raising them on and off for years. They may grow slower but it doesn't take long to get a colony going. If you wanted to heat them though you could look into heat tape like is used for reptiles. You'll want a thermostat and temp probe too.

Nature’s heat? Lol. Pretty sure 110* would kill them in the summer. Right now it’s 65-80 during the day and 40 at night. I need a stable environment of 77-82*F and 70% humidity. Desert temps fluctuate like crazy between day and night.

I've never heated or monitored the humidity on my mealies, I've been raising them on and off for years. They may grow slower but it doesn't take long to get a colony going. If you wanted to heat them though you could look into heat tape like is used for reptiles. You'll want a thermostat and temp probe too.
Heat tape, yes!!!

So in all my mealworm research I’ve learned that you get MANY more mealworms in 1/2 to 1/4 of the time if the colony is kept 77-82 degrees and 70% humidity. Yes, I know you can raise them at room temp but that means it would take 6 months before harvesting the first full sized mealworms. I want to know how you guys heat and humidify them! Help

ETA I am using 6 drawer system.
Just be careful of pests growing in higher temperatures as well. We raise and sell them and teach people how to raise them so you can message us with any questions if you want.

Back
Top Bottom