How to help my hen lay 2 stuck eggs?

Jmjanda

Chirping
Dec 1, 2021
Hi! My hen was having trouble getting comfortable to lay her egg. I decided to give her an epsom salt bath because she didn't lay yesterday, either. While massaging her, I felt two eggs side-by-side near her vent. Is it safe for me to direct one in front of the other, or will she do that on her own?

Thank you!

I'd give her extra calcium asap.
You can find Calcium Citrate with D3 in the vitamin aisle of stores like Walmart, CVS, etc. Give 1 tablet daily, just pull down on her wattles, pop the tablet into the beak and let her swallow.
Thank you, I just bought some. Anything I can do or continue to do after I give her the tablet? I read you can gently guide the egg to her cloaca?

Thank you, I just bought some. Anything I can do or continue to do after I give her the tablet? I read you can gently guide the egg to her cloaca?

She laid!
Thank you
Glad she was able to lay her egg. Likely she's got more on the way. I'd continue with the extra Calcium for another few days until she seems to be doing well.

For future reference = As for gently guiding an egg, not sure how you'd do that?

Back
Top Bottom