how to hook up a pc fan to an incubator

Thanks. They are due to hatch in four days. I only put in 7 eggs, three were not fertilized, two died approx. one week into the hatching, so I have two little bitty chicks and we shall see. I plan on placing them under their broody mother once I hear peeping. Fingers crossed.

Wow I learned something. I did the same directions as you but used a car battery charger. I like the idea of the cell phone charger a lot better. Sure do thank ya for the info. Thats so super cool and Id never thought of that. Ya all have ya a great day

Very informative.Just one question.Where to fix the fan? I mean in the middle of which side of the bator wall?I have a small 50 egg manual incubator and am thinking of fixing a PC fan to it.Do hatchability increase with the addition of this gadget?

I mounted mine over one of the vent holes so I can draw in fresh air if I feel that I need to .I think it makes for a more even distribution of the heat having a fan instead of not having one .........but that's just my view on it ?

I did this to my old Styrofoam hovabator, very cool and easy. but my fan is noisy and vibrates and was whisper quiet before attaching.
How do I quiet this? when i lay it on the Styrofoam it is noisy so I bought some rubber washers thinking this would quiet it, it doesn't, I attached a piece of felt, chair bottom felt things, to the center still not as quiet as my incubator with the fan already attached. and much more vibration. If I press down thinking it is loose it gets louder and vibrates more. I've searched the threads here but no one seemed to have the answer.I seen everal people had this issue.
Anyone know how they made this noise and vibration go away?

It sounds like you all have this under control, I do a lot of incubator wiring, many years ago I designed incubator electrical systems. Anyway those small chargers work great, and you can under power most of these fans a few volts and they work fine. The moving air helps a lot, it always cuts down on hot and cool spots. Good luck with your incubators, if you ever need any help let me know I will be happy to help.

Now I want to do this to my Hova Bator 1602N. The last link someone posted to see just how it's wired isn't working for me.
sad.png
I've got a cell phone charger BUT the writing is so gosh darn small I can't read it.
roll.png
to see WHAT volt it is. Been looking on ebay for a pc fan and the ones I am seeing has herds of colored wires on them not just two wires. I think I am going to go to Best Buy or Radio Shack and see IF I can find one in person instead of trying to find something online. That way I can get it faster to.

Back
Top Bottom