How to identify the gender of geese and ducks

minionek1450

In the Brooder
Nov 18, 2023
i would like to know how to identify between a male and a female. i assume i have 1 female because she is like a scaredy cat. while the other are aggresive.
also tips for identifying the gender of a duck (and geese too because i dont really know how to do it)

How old are your birds? With ducks you can start to tell gender by the sound of their voices, which is usually around 6-8 weeks old. Males are quiet and have raspy voices. Females on the other hand are loud and make the distinctive quacking sound. Once the males are 10 weeks old you should start to notice some male specific feathers coming in. Depending on the breed drakes will have darker colored heads, and they will all grow a little curled feather on the tips of their tails.

I'm not really sure how to sex geese aside from vent sexing. Hopefully someone else will know.

If you still need some help feel free to post some pictures and videos of the birds.

with geese , the one that comes toward you first ( and tries to stay between you and his girlfriend) is the gander

with geese , the one that comes toward you first ( and tries to stay between you and his girlfriend) is the gander
basically. 2 of the geese (definetly ganders) just see me and start going towards me and hissing until i give them food. and 1 goose which just hisses and screams. and when she gets angry she starts running quick, once she bit me on the knee cause they get mad like that

How old are your birds? With ducks you can start to tell gender by the sound of their voices, which is usually around 6-8 weeks old. Males are quiet and have raspy voices. Females on the other hand are loud and make the distinctive quacking sound. Once the males are 10 weeks old you should start to notice some male specific feathers coming in. Depending on the breed drakes will have darker colored heads, and they will all grow a little curled feather on the tips of their tails.

I'm not really sure how to sex geese aside from vent sexing. Hopefully someone else will know.

If you still need some help feel free to post some pictures and videos of the birds.
i think i got them like 3 months ago. i also heard somewhere that if you look on the top of their beaks. if its like a triangle then its a male but if its more rounded then its a female.

Back
Top Bottom