How to introduce new quail

Ethandilley03

Chirping
Jul 12, 2020
I recently hatched 3 new quail chicks and they are 3 weeks old I already have 2 females and a male fully grown that are the parents to these ones and I’m having difficulty introducing the new ones to the old ones. One of the females keeps plucking and kicking them. What do I do?

How I introduce is I put the new birds in the 'quail jail' side of the coop (just a hardware cloth barrier that fits into the coop), it's the 'quail jail' because it's where we put our male when he fought everyone else, now we just use it to introduce. I let them stay there for a few days so everyone can see and not touch. Then after everyone has seen each other, I let them free but I stay and watch so I can separate if anyone gets hurt.

I heard that you can spray everyone with a mist of apple cider vinegar and they have less fighting :idunno. I have never tried it but it might be worth a shot.

I also heard you can move everything in the enclosure around so nobody has claimed any hiding spots and watch them to make sure they aren't fighting. Again, I haven't tried this so I don't know if it works. Good luck with your quail!

Back
Top Bottom