I would strongly advise against a heat lamp of any kind. Even ignoring the obvious fire hazard, you’re getting your chickens accustomed to heat and when it is removed they will be unaccustomed to the cold and could die or get sick from the shock of freezing air. If you heat it continually but then lose electricity it could have the same problem.Thank you! Would putting a heat-lamp in the house cause any problems, though? We have a small house for the chickens, and I don't think our heat lamp would fit. I could buy a smaller heat lamp, but could it possibly light something on fire? I'm sorry for the stupid questions .
It's my second year of raising chickens, and last year we had a chicken, who was molting, freeze to death at the end of winter. We're trying not to make the same mistake again.
The other chickens will heat the bare-bum molter. No worries.