How to keep my chickens water from freezing

You only have one chicken? Chickens are very social animals that need at least one more chicken for company...

Here's an article on making a heated waterer, which will stop her water from freezing:
https://www.motherearthnews.com/hom...-chickens/heated-chicken-waterer-zm0z13fmzhun
If you don't want to make one, I'm sure you could buy one online :)
I was looking at it and it seems a bit hard. Any idea on something I can use at home. We don’t have much money. I heard I can use salt water in a bottle and putting it in a bucket. Anyone try it

You could buy heaters or a heating pad made for certain waters. Yours is small and will freeze easily. I guess it all depends on your lifestyle and such. Me I keep 2 waters outside during winter AND I also keep 2inside the house. I just rotate them and I do this about 3 times a day. I also have help from my husband to rotate them. I think this year I’ll invest in a heater for my 5 gallon waterer. Best wishes

You could buy heaters or a heating pad made for certain waters. Yours is small and will freeze easily. I guess it all depends on your lifestyle and such. Me I keep 2 waters outside during winter AND I also keep 2inside the house. I just rotate them and I do this about 3 times a day. I also have help from my husband to rotate them. I think this year I’ll invest in a heater for my 5 gallon waterer. Best wishes

:goodpost: I agree, I live in a warm climate, so don't have to deal with water freezing(thankfully!)

I see 2 chickens in the avatar :jumpy
I had those at first, found out they were both roosters. Had to trade them for this baby girl. Plan on getting another hen from the same person.

Attachments

• CFDFFB63-DB7E-4E4A-9441-8D092E676CF6.jpeg
    CFDFFB63-DB7E-4E4A-9441-8D092E676CF6.jpeg
    507.1 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom