1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How to kill a coon

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by rolffamily, Nov 5, 2010.

1. rolffamily

rolffamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Of course I would never do this, but I have heard that if you mix Golden Marlin Fly bait with coke, coons like the sweetness and are overcome by the poison. About two cups of soda and one cup of fly bait.

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Dont drown it.. thats all i'm going to say. [​IMG]

3. Liamm_1

Liamm_1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Why not? he'd gladly rip the heads of all your chickens, if given the chance.

4. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Why not? he'd gladly rip the heads of all your chickens, if given the chance.

Just my view on it..
    you're allowed to have your OWN view.. [​IMG]

5. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    Trap and use 22LR, the quickest, easiest, most humane way to deal with "Varmints"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Why not? he'd gladly rip the heads of all your chickens, if given the chance.

Raccoons are predators. Chickens are prey. Of course they'd be happy to have some dinner. Just because they like yummy chicken doesn't mean you shouldn't try and be humane if you decide to kill it.​

7. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Raccoons are predators. Chickens are prey. Of course they'd be happy to have some dinner. Just because they like yummy chicken doesn't mean you shouldn't try and be humane if you decide to kill it.

[​IMG]

8. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Thanks redhen, I was a little worried I overstepped my bounds by saying that. [​IMG]

9. Liamm_1

Liamm_1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Raccoons are predators. Chickens are prey. Of course they'd be happy to have some dinner. Just because they like yummy chicken doesn't mean you shouldn't try and be humane if you decide to kill it.

killing is killing. it's a few seconds or a few minutes. Try to understand that the end justifies the means, and you'll do alright [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by