How to know if I have adequate space for my ducks?

kikidee

Songster
8 Years
May 30, 2011
San Clemente
I have two Cayuga drake and I have always been wondering if their space is enough. What is the minimum for their space? They seem perfectly happy and even if I leave their gate open they won't leave. I will provide pictures if needed. Thanks!

I have 2 ducks in a space 3 x 3 metres- so about 9 x 9 foot. They quickly demolished the grass in a matter of days - however my runners that have the rest of the yard and can move around freely all get to do so on lush grass. The larger the area you can provide of course is best for the ducks- but it can also depend on the ground and if you have grass- or just bare dirt- or if you have laid down gravel or sand for cleaning. Another factor to consider is if you can move around the fencing so that you can rest one area to let the grass grow back. How big is the area they are currently living in?

I asked my dad because I am not sure, and he guessed 12 X 25. My grass is dry and has never really been present so its mostly dirt and some dry grass xD

Quote:
I am glad, they seem really happy
big_smile.png

Quote:
I am glad, they seem really happy
big_smile.png

Now we need to see some pics of the happy ducks..
smile.png
pop.gif

you think i should post them here? i was thinking of making a new thread to introduce them, but I don't mind either.

Quote:
Now we need to see some pics of the happy ducks..
smile.png
pop.gif

you think i should post them here? i was thinking of making a new thread to introduce them, but I don't mind either.

it would be okay either way.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom