How to make a Polish Cochin cross.

farmboy1

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 14, 2011
I'm wanting to cross a golden laced Polish with a golden laced Cochin, and I don't know if I should use a Polish rooster with Cochin hens or Cochin rooster with Polish hens? And was wondering If anybody had any thoughts or resons to go one way vs the other? I'm wanting to end up with a chicken that has a Cochin like body with feathered feet and a crest. Thanks

Last edited:
Tryed this with Gl wyandotte roo x Gl polish hen.
The chicks turned out having very thick dark gold lacing, they almost looked solid black except in their wings.
They had very small crest / tassel like crest, & were bearded.
Really liked their tails. Overall they looked kind of like faverolles as far as type.
lol.png

Does anyone else think that I would end up with more black than golden laced and if so what other colors might I try.

Last edited:
I've been reading about genes and learned that GL Polish and GL Cochin color genes are different and won't turn out with the right gold lacing. I was wondering what would happen if I crossed a buff laced Polish with a buff cochin?

Quote:

Cross the babies together. Male from the first mating to female of the first mating.

I've been reading about genes and learned that GL Polish and GL Cochin color genes are different and won't turn out with the right gold lacing. I was wondering what would happen if I crossed a buff laced Polish with a buff cochin?

Mostly buff some with lacing.​

Back
Top Bottom