How to make a rooster nice.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Sebrite_97, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Sebrite_97

Sebrite_97 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2009
    Jacksonville Fl.
    Hello. im goin to tell u how to make a mean rooster nice! this may be some reeleef to some of u folks out there!

step 1: calculate how many hens are in the same pen with the rooster.

step 2: Seperate some of the hens from the rooster and keep them in another pen. !!notice!! ROOSTERS R MOR MEAN WITH MORE HENS HE HAS TO GAURD!! its a protection thing

step 3: some of u may not like it but handel the rooster every day, twice a day, for about 5 - 10 minutes.

step 4: if u are in there coop and he starts crowing or he looks like he is sizing u up for a fight, immediatly scoop him up. when ur handeling the rooster at any time, use a comforting voice. dont yell at him or anything or that cood make him meaner.

step 5: sit back and watch ur NICE rooster get kicked back....[​IMG]

2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I did not know that more hens were worse, I would have thought it would be better since he would be busier.

Interesting info. Thanks!

3. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    If all else fails you can always treat him to a nice hot bath with garlic, onions, and a bay leaf added....

4. lilmouthy

lilmouthy Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2009
    Alabama
    LMBO!! Cassie,that was just too funny!

5. poultryhaven

poultryhaven Addicted to Seramas!

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    Well i have a roo that has just one hen and he's mean. I used to have an EE roo and he only had 22 hens and he was even worse

ETA: Spelling

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by