How To Make A Show Girl?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by allanimals21, Aug 25, 2010.

1. SonRise Silkies

SonRise Silkies Songster

Mar 4, 2010
    Oklahoma
    If you really want Showgirls you should buy some good ones from a breeder. It takes a lot of work, time and knowledge to breed good Showgirls.

BlueBaby likes this.
  2. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

I have been trying to, with no success. The one's that I have found either just got some themselves, or they won't ship. I'm over here in Arizona.

3. SonRise Silkies

SonRise Silkies Songster

Mar 4, 2010
    Oklahoma
    I understand. I never shipped any of mine either. Keep looking and check into some eggs also. Even if it takes a year or more it is still better in the long run to purchase quality. It costs money to feed, money better spent on birds you really want, than to feed culls for several years [or more]. Remember you had better have super Silkies to begin with.......if you don't then you have a whole new search for them before you can even think of crossing them.

BlueBaby likes this.
  4. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

Yes, I would even buy hatching egg's for them, if someone was willing to ship them. I just had some regular silkies shipped from Florida in my incubator. Those came from Magnolia Silkies. I got some black and some white from her pen's.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: