How to make a super neat chicken.

Tang and Golda are beautiful! sorry, I'm not partial to NN. I want to put 1 standard roo in with my girls in the spring. We currently have Jimmy the bantie roo, but we want to produce our own big layers. I just don't know what kinda boy to get. I think I'll just wait till I order my pullets in the Spring, and see what "mistakes" the hatchery sends.

I got a bird that looks SOOOOO much like a Delaware from a light Brahma daddy and a white Leghorn that if it didn't have stubs (small feathers on the legs) I could have entered it in a fair as a Deleware.

However do not do this thinking you will be able to get a free Deleware, just because it looks like a Deleware doesn't mean it is. Delewares have different genetics and are a breed, my bird is a cross.

Quote:
good question! i'd like to know too
hu.gif

Quote:
good question! i'd like to know too
hu.gif

We do and have for years! All of our chickens are Silkie and some sort of Standard mix. We also have a chick that was made from this group: OEGB roo x (Barred rock x Black Silkie). My OEGB roo has successfully mated with Standard Light Brahmas, Buff Orps., BR, and Black Austrolorps. Now a Bantum hen being mated by a Standard roo would not be a good idea!

Define "safe"...
big_smile.png

We had a bantam barred cochin roo that had the run of the pen... we got some very CUTE white leghorn crosses with that little guy. It's just funny watching the little guy try to make his move on the big girls.
smile.png

Now, I wouldn't put bantam hens in with my light brahma roos... they'd get smashed into the ground!!!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom