1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How to Make a Water Wiggler! **Pics**

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by daisychick, Apr 16, 2009.

1. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Quote:Really? Where at in the store? I've never seen one with the probe...

Kitchen Dept. It is a meat thermometer. $14. I only use it to take temps. with the water wiggler. Then I use the other digital thermometers/hydrometers for the other readings.

2. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Thanks! I've been lately having difficulty because I just kept trying to fold the bag and letting it sit there, but with the rubber bans, it stays folded! Great idea! [​IMG]

3. nhnanna

nhnanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    The chicken coop
    [​IMG]

4. Bigbear4x43

Bigbear4x43 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2009
    Norton
    what is the air temp in a lg if the water wiggler is at 99.5
    and on making one i wonder if you can use one of the vacum sealer for the foods to do the same thing without the zipplock maybe it will keep it from leaking i think i might try

5. Bigbear4x43

Bigbear4x43 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2009
    Norton
    Ok i made one going to see how it works took good old food processor and bag cut bag to size and sealed one end on the food processor put water in it about the same as a store bought water wiggler then sealed the other end to the water line then folded it in have and stapled tabs togetter on my food processer i turned it to seal only setting no vacum

6. Crockett

Crockett Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2009
    North Central - IA
    You can also slide it into an empty paper towel roll and it holds together well.

7. SportTees

SportTees Chillin' With My Peeps

o.k I tried this now I'm confused. Both my air temp thermometers read 99.5 but the one I have in the water wiggler reads 100.4?? Which one do I go by

8. daisychick

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Quote:Good idea! I don't have a bag sealer or I probably would of tried that! [​IMG]

9. daisychick

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Quote:hmmm I am not an expert on that one. My air temp is always higher than my wiggler temp. So I am sorry I don't know on that one. Maybe someone else could give their opinion on it.

10. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Thanks so much for this post!! I needed a water wiggler, but couldnt find one to buy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by