May 20, 2009
Northern Illinois
Hi, I am 110% commited to trying to make barred MGBs, its possible look at this
http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/Games/Mods/BRKModernBty.html
it is the 7th picture, I have these colors to work with:
white
black
birchen
(I have other colors but don't see the use in them for this project)
I need some help in who to breed to who, I don't really want to breed out like to barred OE, its just so hard to get the type good back.

31967_henely_hatchery_chicks_068.jpg

31967_samsung_pics_478.jpg

31967_samsung_pics_469.jpg

31967_copy_3_of_samsung_pics_436.jpg

31967_copy_2_of_copy_of_samsung_pics_454.jpg

I do not have a white hen to work with at the moment, only cock.
If we need it I also have blue if that could help
I need help through this c'mon genetic experts!
I was thinkin first would be white to birchen......... am I right?

Of course it's possible to get Barring in any breed but you have to outcross to get it, you can't get it just from the colors you have, if you really want to get it, it would be best to use an OEG male and a black MG female ( you may be able to use a white female also)

But breed a light ( homo) barred male to a black ( solid) female and that will give all barred F1s, the breed the best F1 barred male ( he would be het barred) and breed him to a solid MG female and that would give all Barred males, 50% Barred females, and 50% Black females, and just keep crossing with the best barred male on pure MG females I beleive would be the only way you could get what you are wanting.

Fully agree with RAREROO, you will have to outcross, try eggbid, there's loads of oegb's on there, doesnt have to be good quality, just good color as that's all you want out of it, then about 4-6 generations of crossing back to the moderns with hi selection each round to the best looking barred offspring til you get them back.

Back
Top Bottom