How to make duckling stop chirping

Herb81003

Hatching
Aug 9, 2022
So i hatched only 1 egg out of my incubator and now the duckling that has hatched is alone. Whenever I leave it in its brooder it starts chirping very loudly and when i come back the duckling stops chirping. The problem is I cant always be there looking at him in the brooder as I have to sleep and stuff so how do I stop the chirping? I tried mirrors but they didnt stop the chirping. It also tries to jump out of its brooder and try to find me.

It might help to toss in a few little stuffed animals, along with a couple of mirrors. Make sure the brooder isn't too warm. If you're using a heat bulb, you might try using a heating pad or heat plate instead, so you can make it dark at night.

So i hatched only 1 egg out of my incubator and now the duckling that has hatched is alone. Whenever I leave it in its brooder it starts chirping very loudly and when i come back the duckling stops chirping. The problem is I cant always be there looking at him in the brooder as I have to sleep and stuff so how do I stop the chirping? I tried mirrors but they didnt stop the chirping. It also tries to jump out of its brooder and try to find me.
he's imprinted on you, thinks you're his mama.
He needs another duckling, or he will continue to be dependant on you.
For now a plush toy may help

I also had this happen to me two days ago- unfortunately your duckling will probably need almost constant attention if you can’t get another duckling for it (as is the case with mine). A stuffed animal might keep it occupied for a while, or you could try making it a little nest with some towels for it to burrow into. Mine enjoys that, and it keeps it calm for a while. If you work from home or something like that, you could put it by your desk so it can see you while you work. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom