how to make ducks lay less eggs?

Reducing their light hours might help them lay less eggs. Try restricting light to 8-10 hours a day to see if that helps. IMO hormone implants aren't worth it because you would be disturbing her natural hormone levels, and that could potentially have negative side effects. Plus the anesthesia has a chance of killing the ducks while they are having surgery.

Reducing their light hours might help them lay less eggs. Try restricting light to 8-10 hours a day to see if that helps. IMO hormone implants aren't worth it because you would be disturbing her natural hormone levels, and that could potentially have negative side effects. Plus the anesthesia has a chance of killing the ducks while they are having surgery.
i bring them in at around 5 everyday when the sunsets then don’t turn on the lights for them until about 8-9 and then bring them out a bit after that

i bring them in at around 5 everyday when the sunsets then don’t turn on the lights for them until about 8-9 and then bring them out a bit after that
I guess the best thing to do for them is to just provide calcium and protein, which I'm guessing you already do. If they act and look perfectly fine, laying a lot of eggs can't be too bad for them.

I have had ducks with serious potentially deadly reproductive issues receive the hormone implant. It wasn't a surgical procedure, my bird was awake the entire time with no anesthesia. Each time and each duck was returned to me immediately and did not seem stressed. I'm only aware of two types of hormonal implants and the only difference is the dose. Both are injected through a large needle, similarly to how an identification microchip is placed into a pet. Of course there could be implants that require anesthesia I'm not aware of, or vets that choose to use it.

Back
Top Bottom