How to make EASY and SIMPLE homemade frosting?

do you want people to eat it and enjoy it!! ??
tongue.png

You could always powder your regular sugar in a food processor. I want to say the powdered stuff makes the frosting fluffier and not grittyish as regular sugar can be. However, if you are boiling the regular sugar prior to beating it up, it'll melt and be smooth. The one I cobble together is a more matte look and isn't heated.

Ok! Good news! I got some frosting! I ended up going to the store. I didn't really want to as I was on a time schedule, but I just finished the cake and it looks pretty good. Thank you all! You have no idea how much I love this forum! You guys are great! I remember I used to make frosting a couple years ago, but I just can't find the recipe! But thanks to you guys, I will be saving this thread in my favorites for next time!
Thanks again.
smile.png

I have read that in order to make powdered sugar from regular, use a blender or food processor and add a bit of cornstarch. I'm trying this some day. Mom used to do it in the blender and it worked great. Today's blenders must not be as good because it didn't for me. But maybe adding cornstarch will help.

galanie, I have a friend that has a corn allergy (seriously not sure how she survives without going into anaphalaxic shock daily!) and I found out that you can powder sugar in a food processor. I made her first b'day cake with real butter cream icing in YEARS! The stuff you buy at the store has cornstarch strictly for anti clumping purposes. I've never tried the blender, but I would assume you would need to work in tiny batches with a blender so maximum contact with the blades is achieved.

Our recipe (for one 13 x 9 cake):

Stick of butter, cream it until soft. Add three cups of powdered sugar, more or less depending on taste, and two tablespoons of milk. Cream together for a minute or so until its one creamy mass (add more milk if its too thick) add flavoring and/or food coloring, blend well. /img/smilies/smile.png

ETA: These are approximate measurements, I make all of my frosting by sight only, if the amounts look about right, they're right. /img/smilies/idunno.gif Sorry if its a bit vague.
Our recipe (for one 13 x 9 cake):

Stick of butter, cream it until soft. Add three cups of powdered sugar, more or less depending on taste, and two tablespoons of milk. Cream together for a minute or so until its one creamy mass (add more milk if its too thick) add flavoring and/or food coloring, blend well. /img/smilies/smile.png

ETA: These are approximate measurements, I make all of my frosting by sight only, if the amounts look about right, they're right. /img/smilies/idunno.gif Sorry if its a bit vague.

Oh my goodness. Super easy. Super simple. Taste great. I added vanilla flavoring. Turned out better then store bought. ;)

Back
Top Bottom