How to make my chickens more friendly and less afraid

I sit with mine as much as I can, and watch which ones naturally come to me to check me out. Those are the ones that I can pick up easily and hold (while securing their wings). They seem to like to be lightly patted/stroked on the sides of their head and necks!

Maybe you could bring a textbook in the coop with you and study in there for a little while?!
wink.png

I can almost always pet mine at night. Not when they have settled down but when they are on their roost and still awake an yacking with each other. Doing this has made a few of them more interested in me during the day, but they still run. Patience and treats.

I think if you keep doing exactly what you are doing, they will become alot more tame as they get older. When they start to squat you can scoop them up and pet them all you want.
smile.png

I have the same Problem with my chickies! I just want to be able to hold them but after the incident of my dad trimming their wings so they wouldn't fly over into the neighbors house, they have just been even more distant unless I have treats or food. My chickies are 4 months old now and they still won't let me hold them. Please help!!

Back
Top Bottom