how to make my polish chickens braver?

Epent12

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 3, 2014
jakarta, indonesia
My 3months old white polish chickens are in the bottom of the pecking order, they even afraid of my 2 months old silkies, what should I do to make them braver? So they'll be on top? :D

There isn't really much you can do. They are likely just more submissive than the Silkies, and don't want to be dominant. Some chickens just are natural leaders and will be dominant, while others will never be leaders. As long as they aren't getting hurt by the Silkies, they should be fine.

Love that chicken...

Anyway. I'm thinking you can't do anything about it either. Probably a lot like humans. I myself am an introvert and rarely seek leadership positions. If I'm forced into one, it stresses me. The only time I ever step up to an authoritative spot in a hierarchy is when I notice a complete lack of leadership or competency.

Your polish chickens are much the same. Probably just happier being gently ignored so they can scratch around and quietly(?) enjoy themselves. Being an alpha chicken probably has some chicken-ey responsibilities. lol

Love that chicken...

Anyway. I'm thinking you can't do anything about it either. Probably a lot like humans. I myself am an introvert and rarely seek leadership positions. If I'm forced into one, it stresses me. The only time I ever step up to an authoritative spot in a hierarchy is when I notice a complete lack of leadership or competency. 

Your polish chickens are much the same. Probably just happier being gently ignored so they can scratch around and quietly(?) enjoy themselves. Being an alpha chicken probably has some chicken-ey responsibilities. lol
lol, you got a point! I have 2 alpha roosters, rocky: a mixed bantam breed with large body and huge comb. draco: a mixed breed of bantam x domestic hen(rocky's son) he's much bigger than his father, they always fight! The last time they fought they injured theirshelves, none of them wanna surrender, I believe the polishes just wanna kick back and don't wanna get any trouble :D

lmao dude you made me laugh for minutes
lau.gif
that's what my grandma always wanna do, tie their crest up
lau.gif
:D

Gigi is a stud. That ponytail attracts all the cool chicks.

Back
Top Bottom