How to make roosters crow less

Hi everyone, we are moving into a place with some acreage so that means we can have all of our chickens at home, we have 11 roosters in total and 9 are in a rooster flock. I need some help if you guys could please help me. Does anyone have any ideas how to make them not crow so much? Besides rooster collars and culling them if possible I would like to keep them. Does anyone know what’s to make them crow less?
Thank you so much and God bless
Roosters have interesting pecking order. Its been recorded that the rooster to crow first in the morning is the 'alpha' of the roosters. other roosters to crow first are likely to be attacked by alpha.

By having their cages by bushes or plants to block out lights of passing cars or anything that they see a threat, they will crow when they see a threat, so make sure they wont see a threat and are likely to crow little or not at all at night. But crowing during the day, your outta luck. Sorry

We did find this collar to be decently effective at reducing crow volume. (Frequency is the sole discretion of the rooster.)

Desert Rose crow collar

If you do use a collar, please be very careful. A bird can hurt himself if it isn’t introduced carefully. It can also be a choking hazard, so he should be checked as often as possible.

Roosters have interesting pecking order. Its been recorded that the rooster to crow first in the morning is the 'alpha' of the roosters. other roosters to crow first are likely to be attacked by alpha.

By having their cages by bushes or plants to block out lights of passing cars or anything that they see a threat, they will crow when they see a threat, so make sure they wont see a threat and are likely to crow little or not at all at night. But crowing during the day, your outta luck. Sorry
Yes I have noticed some alphas are mean. So far we have two alphas and one wannabe. Both alphas let everyone crow and the wannabe will fling himself on anyone who tries to crow. As for the crowing I wanted to update everyone and let y’all know they still do crow but I have found out that by putting a Roosting log next to the hens cage the Roos like to jump up and watch the hens for hours as well as constantly telling the Roos on the floor what’s going on on the other side. Keeps them busy for hours🤣

Back
Top Bottom