How To Make Success As A Horse Trainer

I REALLY think you need to take "30 days or less" out of all of your descriptions. It looks like you are guaranteeing success in 30 days or less. If you've been around enough horses, you know that some of them take longer than others. Putting a 30 day guarantee in writing like this just opens the door to people refusing to pay you because they didn't see the results they expected in that amount of time. You can keep the rest of the words, like saying they'll end up with a happy horse good for kids or whatever, but don't put a specific time on it. Just take out the "30 days or less" and state your monthly fee.

I also haven't changed my thoughts about you as an English trainer, but if you are the only game in town, I guess it might work for you. You said that while you don't have an English horse, you "might as well enjoy it on other peoples' horses" makes me think you're about to get someone to pay you to do something that you should be paying to do, or at least doing for free.

I suggest that you lower the pony size. 12 hands is actually quite big for a pony. If you're light enough I think you can probably go as short as 10 hands. Here is an 11.2 ridden by adults that are at least 5'4" (153 cm) and 120 pounds (55 kg).
ari_5.jpg ari_3.jpg ari_walk.jpg

Last edited:
I agree your website is looking better. One thing I like about it is that riders are wearing helmets in every picture where you can see the rider's head. I know this is probably because you're young and are required to wear one (I know it's often looked down on by western riders), but I think it makes for a more professional looking site and conveys the idea that safety is a priority for you and the horses.

I agree your website is looking better. One thing I like about it is that riders are wearing helmets in every picture where you can see the rider's head. I know this is probably because you're young and are required to wear one (I know it's often looked down on by western riders), but I think it makes for a more professional looking site and conveys the idea that safety is a priority for you and the horses.
:goodpost:

The basics aren't the same in English and western. English requires a collected horse and western a more relaxed horse. Lots, lots of differences.
Nope, not really... Western requires a collected horse, especially rodeo and gymkhana. A different headset does not mean a horse isn't collected. Collection is body carriage not head carriage.

I REALLY think you need to take "30 days or less" out of all of your descriptions. It looks like you are guaranteeing success in 30 days or less. If you've been around enough horses, you know that some of them take longer than others. Putting a 30 day guarantee in writing like this just opens the door to people refusing to pay you because they didn't see the results they expected in that amount of time. You can keep the rest of the words, like saying they'll end up with a happy horse good for kids or whatever, but don't put a specific time on it. Just take out the "30 days or less" and state your monthly fee.

I also haven't changed my thoughts about you as an English trainer, but if you are the only game in town, I guess it might work for you. You said that while you don't have an English horse, you "might as well enjoy it on other peoples' horses" makes me think you're about to get someone to pay you to do something that you should be paying to do, or at least doing for free.
Hmmm... okay. Thank you for the input.
And as said i don't have the money for an english horse or lessons. I'm not trying to get paid for riding english. I LOVE helping horses. I want to include english horses in that department too.

I suggest that you lower the pony size. 12 hands is actually quite big for a pony. If you're light enough I think you can probably go as short as 10 hands. Here is an 11.2 ridden by adults that are at least 5'4" (153 cm) and 120 pounds (55 kg).
View attachment 1243086 View attachment 1243088 View attachment 1243089
I have a twelve hand pony. Even though I'm 5'2", I feel way too tippy on him.
Thank you! I do always wear a helmet, no matter if I have to or not.

Back
Top Bottom