How To Make Success As A Horse Trainer

The local area needs an english trainer. There are none.
Also, I would have an issue sending my horses to someone that refers to themselves as an "English trainer" as there is no such thing. English as opposed to Western, but, there is a HUGE difference between eventing, dressage, saddleseat, hunters, etc. If the trainer doesn't even use the correct terminology, they look like they don't know what they are doing.

Most of us couldn't find the information we are looking for and need to make an informed decision. If we can't find it, potential customers can't either.
I disagree with this. When shopping for ANYTHING, I want all of the information available to me NOW, if I have to call someone and ask questions about something that should have been on the website, they have lost my sale as I will just move on.

Also, I would have an issue sending my horses to someone that refers to themselves as an "English trainer" as there is no such thing. English as opposed to Western, but, there is a HUGE difference between eventing, dressage, saddleseat, hunters, etc. If the trainer doesn't even use the correct terminology, they look like they don't know what they are doing.
Okay. Thank you... I will consider your advice and make some adjustments and more detailed information.

I also see a huge trend in training websites. There is a "My horses" page. Should I be adding that? Why would it be on the website?
I will be adding more photos of our facilities and my riding and training on Wednesday.

Thank you @casportopony
How does it look now, guys? I adjusted it (a lot).
Ok, point by point:

There is a picture on the first page that didn't load for me, may be my computer, but might want to check it.

On the Training & Programs page: "As we only accept a certain number of horses at a time, so sometimes we are not accepting horses." The wording is strange here, I would say something like "To ensure that every horse in training receives the time and care that you are paying for, we only accept a certain number of horses at one time. If we are fully booked for a specific time, you can request to be put on our waiting list."

Otherwise it looks good now.

I also see a huge trend in training websites. There is a "My horses" page. Should I be adding that? Why would it be on the website?.
Are they horses/ponies that have accomplished something? If I were going to advertise myself as a pony trainer I would probably have a "my ponies" page and list the accomplishments of each pony and include the best quality pictures of each pony.

Back
Top Bottom