1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How to make your cat hate you...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by tls_ranch, Apr 6, 2011.

1. tls_ranch

tls_ranch Stares at Chickens

Step 1: Start by trying to brush out stickers and mats out of her double-thick winter coat.

Step 2: After being bitten and scratched several times, contemplate sending her to the vet to be tranquilized and shaved as no professional groomer would want to risk their life or limb grooming this cat.

Step 3: After deciding that the vet will charge a fortune go to Wal-mart and buy a cheap set of clippers.

Step 4: Shave cat and give her the worst hair cut EVER.

Now she hates me for sure... But, at least I only shaved her sides and under belly. I could of tried for a full "lion cut". [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Okie Amazon

Okie Amazon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Midwest City
    Heehee! I used to have a little Persian cat that was dumped at clinic I worked at at the time. She had a massive coat! She was the original platinum blonde. Absolutely gorgeous, but no lights on, no one home!~ She looked as if she should weigh 20 pounds. When I gave her a summer shave, I did a full body shave and tapered her face; left her full tail. She looked hilarious. Her body was about one-third the width of her tail!

3. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    Aaawww poor thing..[​IMG] but you did a good job, the hair will grow back!

4. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    now you just need a brooder full of chicks for her to "stare" at and drool... lol!

5. tls_ranch

And drool she does.... [​IMG] [​IMG]

But at least I have a nice sturdy brooder in the pump house where the cats and dogs sleep. They share it with the chicks and enjoy the extra heat in the winter when I have heat lamps going in there. I've even caught her sleeping on top of it [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Okie Amazon

Okie Amazon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Midwest City
    That is a nice set-up. And btw, she is a very pretty kitty. I'm partial, since I have a tortie also, though short haired, so no haircuts for her.

7. Mak

Mak Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Londonderry, NH
    I used to take the clippers to our Persian. Wasn't pretty, but at least there were no mats!

8. tls_ranch

Thanks [​IMG] She is a very pretty and lucky kitty. I saved her as a kitten from a neighbor who abandoned his property. She was with a bunch of feral cats and had no water within a 1/2 mile in the middle of 110 degree heat. She came up to me and begged me to pick her up. She's funny about water though. I can't keep her in the house anymore because she's fanatic about splashing in it including .....toilets [​IMG] I think she's part Maine coon. I love calicos too [​IMG] my other cat is a short haired tortie who I found in the middle of the street abandoned before her eyes were even fully open.

Trisha

9. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Have I ever told you about my cat and the rat paper?....... [​IMG]

10. tls_ranch

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] now that I wouldn't want to TANGLE with [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by