How to medicate layer hens

Moges amha

Songster
Dec 24, 2020
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Hi.... so i have layer chickens and i wanted to know what kinda medication to give them for normal prevention.

For example for the past to weeks it has been raining and i have found some moist places in my coop and i wanted to give them amprolium just to be safe but it says it myt interrupt their egg laying so i didnt guve them .

What kinda of medication like antibiotic or any other medication and for hw long should i give them for prevention??

Hi.... so i have layer chickens and i wanted to know what kinda medication to give them for normal prevention.

For example for the past to weeks it has been raining and i have found some moist places in my coop and i wanted to give them amprolium just to be safe but it says it myt interrupt their egg laying so i didnt guve them .

What kinda of medication like antibiotic or any other medication and for hw long should i give them for prevention??

If your hens are not acting sick, then I would not treat them with or for anything.

So unless i see any sign of sickness i shouldnt medicate?? Some people here said that they give medication like antibiotic once every month just to be safe and that got me confused
Do not medicate unless there is actually something wrong and you know for certain what it is. Your time is better spent making sure you have proper feed, housing, and cleanliness. That will prevent many problems.

Some people here said that they give medication like antibiotic once every month just to be safe and that got me confused
Most of us here raise chickens to avoid any medications and give them a 'better' life.
Antibiotics especially should not be used prophylactically.

But you have scenario not common here on BYC with your 500 chickens.

Most of us here raise chickens to avoid any medications and give them a 'better' life.
Antibiotics especially should not be used prophylactically.

But you have scenario not common here on BYC with your 500 chickens.
Do not medicate unless there is actually something wrong and you know for certain what it is. Your time is better spent making sure you have proper feed, housing, and cleanliness. That will prevent many problems.
This is the reason i always come to BYC to confirm every thing i hear from other farmer . Cause here most of them are misinformed and do their poultry bussiness based on word of mouth from other misinformed farmers ... thank you again

And for @aart i know 500 myt sound like a lot but trust me when i say this its like raising one chicken once you get a hang of it.

Back
Top Bottom