How to move outside?

JamieMcClain

Songster
Jul 1, 2020
I currently have a full grown mallard who was injured and has been inside for over a week. I was also given a baby Muscovy who wasn’t quite feather out yet and I wasn’t comfortable putting her out with the big birds so she is also inside. Her and the mallard have bonded. We’ve got about another week for the mallard to be inside and I was wondering what the best way to integrate them outside is. It’s cold at night. Less than 30 degrees F. I don’t want to shock them with the cold. But I also don’t want them living inside all winter (stinky!).

What are your temps during the daytime? maybe set them up outside out of wind during the day and bring them inside at night. Until they can be out for good. Unless the Muscovy isn't still feathered in all the way. That will also help with getting the other duck use to these 2.

What are your temps during the daytime? maybe set them up outside out of wind during the day and bring them inside at night. Until they can be out for good. Unless the Muscovy isn't still feathered in all the way. That will also help with getting the other duck use to these 2.
I think it’ll be another week or two before she’s feathered all the way. Which means it’ll be even colder. Daytime are in the 30-50’s

Back
Top Bottom