How to NOT stress my goats.......

Unruffled

Songster
5 Years
Aug 13, 2018
I may be adopting out some of my flock. The last time I adopted out some birds(my 8 guinea fowl) my two goats got quite stressed out. I guess they didn’t like members of their “herd/flock” leaving. So if some of my birds do end up leaving again, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can make the process of chasing & catching the birds and handing them over to someone less traumatic for my goats?

All suggestions are greatly appreciated !😊🐐

Maybe it's the running around that's bothering them, not the actual leaving. My goats could not care less about birds coming and going. Best way to do it is catch up the birds at night when they're on the roost. Put them in a cage and out of the way until the buyers come.

Maybe it's the running around that's bothering them, not the actual leaving. My goats could not care less about birds coming and going. Best way to do it is catch up the birds at night when they're on the roost. Put them in a cage and out of the way until the buyers come.
You’re probably right. I will also try your suggestion of catching the ducks ahead of time and at night. Thanks so much for your reply and advice.

Back
Top Bottom