How to pick a light colored EE?

I am not an expert but I think that second picture is going to be a light colored one. I suspect it will have a lot of light grey in it. It looks a lot like the light grey bird I had. I am hoping to find some colored similar to this.

I have two that look like yours in the first pics, I assume they are going to be dark. Your third EE looks like it might be lighter, though.

One of mine is a light shade of yellow with the chipmunk pattern, the other is light grey with the chipmunk. Also the lighter one is much smaller with no tail feathers.

That second picture was just a close up of one of the others. but for sure, not a buff one since the wing feathers are already starting to come in and they're certainly not buff! :(

I might take a trip to the feed store on friday and check those out, maybe give one of the original ones to my neighbor LOL

Too bad you aren't close. I have a few light EE's in my brooder right now! They're 2 weeks old now. I bought 10 of them this spring and hatched some of my own as well. I do like the ones with white/grey a lot myself. Or the "dusty" blue ones!
Good luck finding some !!

Zoe (Very Top) Sugar (Middle) Lacy (Bottom)

Zoey started out as a typical chipmonk babie, Sugar started out looking almost leopardish white with brown spots all over and Lacy started out a light solid tan color.
But you never really know what your going to end up with . Thats the Beauty of EEs!!

that is so cool! I love these pictures!

I should just delete the second picture. it is just a close up picture of one of the top two chicks. I only have 2 chicks.

I think that your Bottom chick may look similar to my BB the first picture is when she was just a couple of months old and the second is of her at 3 years old.

I think your Baby might be taller, BB has alway been a short girl I suspect she has some dorking in her.
I think it is a roll of the dice as to what we get with the EE's. I picked two, one dark and one light grey. Here they are then and now at nearly 7 wks. Any guesses what they will look like when
completely feathered out?

Light grey far firght

Last edited:
I would love for "her" to be that color. very different isn't it? I am not certain what the two EE's are going to be...pullet or roo...this is as bad as being pregnant and waiting
idunno.gif

Thanks for showing me how they may look. That is why I posted here to see if anyone had chicks like these. I looked and never found any this color. i bought these in Branchville, SC at a Mom and Pop garden store that incubates their own to sell. So much fun choosing, like a kid in the candy store.

I think that they are a very un-common color, and very pretty! The only EE that I have that was even close to what I thought she would turn out like was A light brahma Roo with Andi My EE Hen, wasn't much of a guessing game with them (Mom and Dad) looks alot alike and So Honeygirl (baby) looks just like you would expect! Them... LOL . The other thing that I love doing with the EE's is trying to guess there Heritage, I think that EE's are so fun and everybody''s personality is different. With EE's though not even the Chicken Color Calculator can help ya figure out what they will look like!! LOL

The way I picked mine I chose all the lightest colored chicks they had and I've got 4 that are buff/whiteish blue and 2 that are a darker buff and one that looks likes a welsummer and a few that are really dark but everyone is very pretty

I wanted to add some of my light colored EEs. As you can see, there's a variety and even the "dark" chimpunks may turn out lighter than the others.

"Dale" as a chick

... and as a pullet

Truth as a chick

... and as a pullet

Daisy as a chick

... & as a pullet

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom