How to piggy back eggs in incubator?

williamsl77

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 15, 2011
Northeast
I wrote a post last night on this, but it looks like it might not have been uploaded? Sorry if this is repost...

I was wondering how to piggy back. Do I need to turn the autoturner off and hand turn until I candle and get rid of the duds? The piggy backed eggs just go in the spaces between eggs? I have a fan, too, so I don't need to worry that the piggy backed eggs are just a bit higher than the eggs in the autoturner groves?

Totally appreciate thoughts.... thanks!

I'm not in favor of stacking, afraid something would get stuck or worse. I'd be tempted to pull out the turner, mark the eggs and hand turn them until the first candling. Chances are you will pull enough clears at that point that you could the put the turner back in until lockdown.

You may want to provide more information on your incubator, so people with the same or similar set ups can show you how they stack them. To turn the eggs, you might be able to tilt the whole incubator 3 times a day, using books to prop up a side.

Oh I was wondering if you could tilt the whole incubator. I have a hovabator 1583 (I think), automatic turner, fan. I think I said most of that. Is there more I should add?

Back
Top Bottom