How to pronounce the name MARANS in the Black Copper Marans chickens?

Lady Farmer1

Hatching
Mar 13, 2015
I have a few Black Copper Marans hens and a rooster. Could someone clarify for me the proper way to pronounce MARANS. I understand in France the (s) is silent although I hear it pronounced with the (s). The Maran part of the name is pronounced in different ways too. Could someone enlighten me? If I'm going to raise Marans, I would like to pronounce their name correctly :)

Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome to BYC!
woot.gif

Glad to have you join! Feel free to make yourself at home! That is a very good question. I've never had them before so you would need a more intelligent person to tell you
wink.png

I've also heard a lot of people say "orfington" instead of Orpington - most people probably don't care - they still understand what is meant

Hey there! Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you decided to join! Let us know if you have any questions, we will be glad to help you if we can.
big_smile.png
There is a lot of great info on here, and lots of very knowledgeable people, so I'm sure you'll be able to find any info you may be looking for.
smile.png
X2 on what @drumstick diva said.

Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our BYC "flock".

x2 on BantamFan4Life's pronounciation. That's how I've always heard it pronounced.

Back
Top Bottom